Hi there! I’m Sophie, I am 30 and I run UberQuirky from the heart of sunny Somerset, in the South West of England, home of Cider & The Wurzels. If you have stumbled upon this then thanks for reading and if you are looking for personalised stationery with a twist, then you are in the right place.
I illustrate pretty much anything, from old bank statements to wedding invitations.
I live for all things quirky, colourful and unique. I love creating artwork that truly reflects people and their interests. I try to ensure my work is topical, personal and detailed. I like to include special details for couples, families and individuals.
A few years back I got married! We had a wonderful wedding that I would describe as a quintessentially British country wedding, with a few quirky twists. I found it so incredibly frustrating that wedding stationery seemed generic and conformist, I couldn’t find anything different to represent us as a couple. I wanted every part of our wedding to have relevance to us, our life together and our future. I decided I would design and produce every aspect of the wedding myself and I am so pleased I did. Since then I have officially started UberQuirky so that I can do the same for other people!
I’ve been creating art for a long time but it has taken me a long time to have the confidence to put myself out there and share my work with a wider audience.
Quirks & interests:
- Art is my number one passion, whether creating it, observing it or buying it.
- Music is my fuel and a constant in my life, I listen to music as much as I can and everywhere I can.
- Visiting the theatre is my all time favourite past-time, especially musicals, why say how you feel when you can sing about it! You will see a lot of my cards are musical inspired.
- I absolutely love animation, especially Disney & Pixar, but then who doesn’t.
- Collecting and verging on hoarding. My house is crammed full, from Looney Tune figures to Storm Trooper helmets. I like to surround myself with my inspiration and influences, I’m a pop culture addict.